Thursday, August 11, 2005

Creed's Torn

Torn
Peace is what they tell me
("What we offer will make you happy")
Love am I unholy
("But truth is not evil" I replied)
Lies are what they tell me
(I think they're lying to me -- I found out too late)
Despise you that control me
(I can't stop. I'm bound. I'm doing what's wrong and cannot stop it)

The peace is dead in my soul
(The peace they offered killed real peace)
I have blamed the reason for
my intentions poor
(My excuses to do wrong are weak, cop-outs. I knew better)

Yes I'm the one who
the only one who
Would carry on this far
(All those I'm with don't know. They don't know what I know. They've given up trying. I'm the only one who still is)

Torn, I'm filthy
(I can't stop, but I want to. Romans chapter 7)
Born in my own misery
(I was born into this evil world full of pain, full of wrong)
Stole all that you gave me
(It took my innocence. It took my happiness, and is still taking it)
Control you claim you save me
(My new friends, my new habits, you promised you'd make me happy, but I'm not. You took away what really made me happy)

"For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:19,24-25)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home